What’s YOUR Mission?
“Therefore, GO and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” Matthew 28:19
The St. Peter’s UCC Mission’s Team is devoted to supporting the congregational and community needs of our local church. From providing financial assistance to individuals and families in need to supporting individuals on mission’s trips, we are devoted to sharing God’s love through our support.
To download the Mission’s Team Support for Financial Assistance Form, please click here :
Additionally, the Committee continues to support and encourages the congregation to support the UCC 5-for-5 offerings through envelope giving and online direction.
The congregation voted and approved during the January 2020 congregational meeting the following information:
(1)- St. Peter’s United Church of Christ will continue to support the UCC 5-for-5 offerings through envelope giving and online direction. A description of each offering will be provided in order that members will know what their offering is supporting. The five-for-five offerings include:
- One Great Hour of Sharing – Channels resources for international programs in health, education and agricultural development, emergency relief, refugee ministries, and both international and domestic disaster response, administered by Wider Church Ministries. (Offering Received 4th Sunday of Lent).
- Strengthen the Church – Re-imagines and builds the future of the UCC. Shared at the conference and national levels, it largely supports youth ministries and full-time leaders for new churches in parts of the country where the UCC does not have a strong presence. It also provides support for existing church’s new initiatives. (Offering received Pentecost Sunday).
- Neighbors in Need – Supports ministries of justice and compassion throughout the United States, including the Council for American Indian Ministries, justice and advocacy, and direct service projects supported by Justice and Local Church Ministries. (Offering received 1st Sunday of October).
- The Christmas Fund – For the Veterans of the Cross and the Emergency Fund is a special mission offering that congregations have been supporting for over 100 years. Funds provide direct financial support to those who served the church and are facing financial difficulties. Active and retired clergy, lay employees, and their surviving spouses may be eligible for the Supplementation of small annuities, supplementation of health premiums, emergency grants, and/or Christmas “Thank You” gift checks. (Offering received Sunday before Christmas).
- Our Church’s Wider Mission (OCWM) – Provides funding from congregations for Conferences and the national ministries of the UCC (Wider Church Ministries, Local Church Ministries, Justice and Witness Ministries, General Ministries, and Pension Boards). (Offerings received throughout the year).
In addition to “envelope” giving through the church’s offering, those wishing to support any/all of the ministries above on their own, may do so by:
- Mail: United Church of Christ
700 Prospect Avenue, 6th Floor
Cleveland, OH 44115
(write your designation on the memo of the check).
- Phone: Call 1-800-846-6822
- Go online to: transactions.ucc.org/CampaignForm/UCChrist/donate
(2)- St. Peter’s United Church of Christ will continue its budgeted amount of $12,500 to solely be used for local missions and projects designated by the Mission’s Team. This budgeted money comes from the General Fund giving by the members of St. Peter’s UCC. 100% of the budgeted money will support, but not be limited to, the following situations:
families in financial need
- Members of St. Peter’s furthering education in church ministries.
- School or local projects that need assistance.
- Good Samaritan Fund – used at the discretion of the Pastor by individuals who call upon the church for assistance.
(3)- St. Peter’s United Church of Christ will also continue to support monthly partners as it has in the past through its giving to the below partnerships:
- Angola Partnership Seminary – $200/year
- Neighbors-in-Need – $200/year
- One Great Hour of Sharing
- Strengthen the Church & Blanket
- The Christmas Fund
- Elmhurst College
- Theological Seminaries
- Bensenville Home Society – $300/year
- Good Samaritan Fund
- World Hunger
- Emmaus Fund
- Outdoor Ministry