BACK TO WORSHIP PLAN AT ST. PETER’S
Service Time: 10:30 am
What you can do to be prepared:
- Try to arrive 5 to 10 minutes before the service you plan to attend and not much earlier. This will allow less desire to fellowship and also give us ample time before the 10:30 service to clean up.
- Leave after the service. Feel free to wave or nod “hello” to those around you, but avoid grouping with people inside the service.
- If you are not feeling well, or feel like you may have been recently exposed to Covid-19, please stay at home and join us for our online worship.
- While we will not force anyone to wear a mask, we strongly ask that if you plan on attending that you wear one. This is to show love and kindness to everyone who is present. We understand that it may be uncomfortable; however, we intend on keeping the service short and the air-conditioning flowing (if needed).
- Please avoid shaking hands, hugging, and physical contact.
- If you bring an offering/offering envelope, please put it in the offering plate by each exit. Otherwise, feel free to continue giving through the mail, online, automatic withdrawal, or dropping it off at the office during the week.
Our pledge to you:
- We will have a deep cleaning of the entire sanctuary on June 6th. All surfaces will be cleaned and areas where people enter, use restrooms, etc. will also be cleaned.
- We will sanitize and clean all such areas following the 9:00 service before people arrive for the 10:30 service.
- We will provide cloth masks to anyone who does not have one, or needs one, at no cost. They will be available at both entrances.
- There will be sanitation stations at the entrances, one or two in the sanctuary, near the restrooms, and anywhere needed. As always, do your best to use proper hygiene at home, in your vehicles, and at church.
How things will look different:
- Services will be no longer than 30-minutes.
- Every other pew will be roped off. We ask that families sit together and don’t be offended if people avoid sitting in your row with you.
- There will not be hymnals or Bibles, offering envelopes, pencils, etc. in the pew racks. If you need a Bible, feel free to bring one from home. We will also have all words on the screen.
- There will not be bulletins, unless needed for a special service.
- There will not be singing. A prelude, a song of special music, and a postlude will provide a musical melody to accompany our worship.
- There will not be greeters. Not that we don’t want to be friendly, but it may help with social distancing.
- If the weather isn’t raining, etc. the doors to both entrances will remain open (no need to use your hands, elbows, etc. to open the doors. Just come on in (smile).
- We will not pass offering plates.
- We will not serve communion.
We may adapt as protocols change and as needed, but the goal is to provide a time of prayer, scripture, meditation, brief sermon, and a blessing for your week.